|If you want to be informed about updates on this site, to always know when one of the archives has problems or is back online, subscribe to our mailing list. You will receive an email every time one of the administrators makes a new status-post.
|If you prefer your browser to inform you about updates, add our RSS-Feed to your viewer.|
|Or you use the syndicated LiveJournal Cordykitten created, to view the RSS via your Friends Page.|
You need to have an LiveJournal Account for this to work.
|What are the conditions a site has to meet to join the Status Network?
- The site has to be a BtVS/AtS fanfiction archive. (In time we may add a section for private fanfic websites, but not yet.)
- It is not necessary that the site is still being updated, but there has to be an administrator around who keeps an eye on what is happening to it.
- If the site contains NC-17 fiction, those stories have to be marked accordingly. There does not have to be a special warning, but visitors must be able to see ahead of time if they are about to read an adults-only story.
- Sites that allow known plagiarists to post are not welcome. If one of the posted stories turns out to be plagiarized, the site has to delete it and take some kind of action against the offender. -- This is about knowingly allowing plagiarists to continue what they are doing, no admin or mod can be held responsible for unknowingly having stories like that on their site.
- You have to put up a link to the Status Network on your archive.
The Color Code
- Everything is fine. The site is up and running like intended.
- The site is still there, but something is not working as it should. This can mean the normal url doesn't work but the administrator is offering an alternative link, the site is being worked on and may have some broken links or is in read-only mode.
- The site is down. Might be the server is down, might be the host is having connection problems, or maybe the administrator messed up and it will take a while until you will see anything besides error-messages.
- All or at least some data is lost. Hackers attacked the site, a server crashed, files/the database was deleted by accident or the site was intentionally been deleted.
Who runs the Status Network?
Script and design are by Diabola (The Bloodshedverse), who is also the administrator responsible for everything besides the content of the individual accounts. The banner was graciously provided by Mandi (Vampire's Kiss), for which I'm eternally grateful since the most I can manage with a graphic program is a single-color tile. While she was working on that, we were allowed to use one of Selene's bases as a temporary banner.
Posts concerning the status of the individual archives are the responsibility of their owners/administrators. Same goes for the content of the accounts.
So if a form doesn't work or the layout gets scrambled, you use the contact forms above and tell Dia about it. If one of the listed sites is down but there is no entry about it, or if the LiveJournal-Community link doesn't work, or anything like that - talk to the site-owner of the archive in question. This is a platform for the different sites to post information, so our readers will only have to remember one place if they want to know what's going on, not several. But if and how much information the site-owners give you is not ours to control.